Your daily dose of awesome. Watch for tomorrow’s email for even more fun stuff.
Your Life is too Short to Feel Like Crap!
This is a great video by the one and only Tony Robbins about how our thoughts can oftentimes be controlled.
Speaking of feeling like crap, sometimes you need to reset or reboot your body. I did this in January last year with the Whole30 and Paleo diet in general.
Why? Because I was feeling yuck – and definitely NOT awesome and the Whole30 is an elimination diet to try to figure out if inflammation is causing problems with your body and mind.
While I know different things work for different people, I do want to let you know that I’ve seen more people have what I would almost dare to say miraculous results on this when their weight wasn’t dropping and their health wasn’t changing from anything else.
For me, I’ve had huge changes in my overall health including less headaches and I’m sleeping better. My friend is having less pain in her knees. Another friend with PCOS is finally losing weight. It’s not a “diet”. It’s about cutting out the foods that may be causing inflammation in your system. Weight loss just so happens to be a side effect.
Anyway, I wanted to mention it because they’ve done a lot for me.
So, while I think it’s a great plan, whatever one YOU choose, stick to it for the rest of the month. 🙂
Batching is a beautiful thing. For instance, I do these posts a week at a time, rather than trying to sit down every day and come up with ideas. I write and schedule them and VOILA! On to the next thing I need to do. 🙂
So, I challenge you to think of one thing that you do over and over and over again – especially if it weighs on you and stresses you out and just get it done for the next few months.
When I did my Blog Tour in 2009, back when I wrote 75 guest blog posts on 15 different blogs in 15 weeks, I did a LOT of batching. Here’s how it worked.
1. I came up with ALL of the topics for the entire summer in one day. I didn’t want that hanging over my head or stressing me out so I just sat down with a legal pad and a pretty pen and I figured it out.
2. I typically wrote 5 blog posts in a sitting. So I would open a document, put the title for that week’s series in the doc and break it into 5 sections. Each section became a blog post and voila. I was able to upload them all and schedule them for the week.
Wouldn’t you say that is a LOT less stressful than sitting down at the computer every day for 75 days, staring at the screen and thinking “Oh crud. What am I going to write about today?!” I’ll say it sure was.
So what can YOU batch in your business?
1. A series of YouTube videos? If you put on makeup and get your lighting right, you might as well do a bunch of them, right?
2. Your email promos for the week?
3. All of your Facebook ads? Set them and then just check in every day.
4. Setting up an entire funnel in one day, rather than poking at it for a week.
5. A month of blog posts.
There are so many ways that you can Awesomize your Business by getting things done faster and more efficiently. Batching is one of my favorites.
My friend, Kelly McCausey, reminded me of a great way to give back if you’re looking for something in your community. Respite care.
These are places that take care of the FAMILIES of the people who having someone they are taking care of who has a disability or serious illness.
For instance, Kelly shared this organization in her community: helpinghandsrespite.care
And, of course, you’re probably familiar with the Ronald McDonald House, too. www.rmhc.org
Some things these places need are listed on the sites, so here are some ideas for you… http://www.helpinghandsrespite.care/GetInvolved/WishList.aspx and http://www.rmhc.org/other-ways-to-help
Canned foods are always welcome as are volunteers to cook meals.
Hugs and high fives,