Your daily dose of awesome. Watch for tomorrow’s email for even more fun stuff.
I was emailing one of my coaching clients and it reminded me of the song “I Fight Authority. Authority Always Wins”. Well, way back when I was in high school, I used to sing “I Fight with Dorothy. Dorothy always Wins”. Just talk to my hubby about it and he’ll start mocking me, with a little dance and high voice and all.
Well, Dorothy may be tough, but I’ll tell you an opponent that’s much tougher.
This opponent along with her ugly sister together kick the butts of more marketers than just about any other. Together, they have crumbled more entrepreneurs than any other opponents.
Perfection and Fear.
Both Perfection and her mean, ugly sister Fear looove to see us struggle.
We can usually wrestle with Fear because we recognize her as hurting us.
But Perfection? Well, she’s just simply trying to help us to do our best, right? WRONG!
She’s the sweet one with her phony little voice, always telling us that we can do better.
How many times have you said this about your unfinished projects?
“It’s still not good enough. I have to keep working on it.”
Another month goes by and you’re still trying to make it perfect. And, another month. And, another year.
Of course, we all know the translation is “I’ll never be good enough”, right?
Guess what? It will NEVER be perfect and neither will you, and that’s OK!
If I’ve told you once, I’ll tell you a million times –
You do NOT have to be perfect to be profitable.
Why do you think I repeat it so much? Because I need to hear it, too!
Honestly, you know me by now and you know I do quite well online. Yet, I could do much much better if I could just get into a brawl in a bar with Perfection and kick her squirrelly butt.
I hope my coaching client doesn’t mind, but here’s what I wrote to him/her today. (Name is remaining anonymous unless that person chooses otherwise.) Yes, I get a little snarky in my emails, but that’s because this particular coaching client can handle it.
One thing you should know about me is that I forbid perfection. I don’t want it to be perfect or I’ll make you slop it up, so don’t get your head in a bundle trying to get it perfect.
You will NOT disappoint me unless you try to be perfect and it causes your progress to stall. That I won’t tolerate. So, get your head out of your butt and get it done.
So, there. Print this off if you need to and tape it to your monitor, stick it on your fridge, sew it into your underwear, or glue it to your rear view mirror in your car. Heck, do all of the above.
Just repeat after me –
You do NOT have to be perfect to be profitable.
What are the takeaways from this?
1. Get some support from people who understand. Honestly, it helps. I’m not going to plug one certain mastermind groups or anything. Just connect with people who get it. If you’d like a personal recommendation for your situation, you can find me through the Facebook group and ask.
2. Be accountable. If you can’t be accountable to yourself, than find someone who will make you get it done.
3. Get a coach if you need someone to kick your butt. Tiger Woods has one. (Obviously he should have had a marriage coach, too.) Michael Jordan had a coach. All the greats have coaches.
4. Don’t beat on yourself. It’s hard enough to get the confidence to make mistakes and to build a business in the first place. You don’t need someone punching you in the face the entire time.
Obviously, this is an emotional post, but I hope that it gives you permission to be imperfect AND be profitable. I’m going to go now before I get teary again.
Life and the World:
Get Amazon Prime. Seriously. Get it if you don’t have it yet. It makes your life so much easier and I’m not even talking about all of the great movies you can watch on your phone and free books and audios you get. I’m talking about the free 2-day shipping.
Whether you live in the city or way out in the middle of nowhere, you can literally buy just about anything that you need in minutes from either your computer or your phone and have it DELIVERED to your door in 2 days. If you’re not using it yet, why on earth not? You’re a busy entrepreneur who is trying to make the world a better place. Don’t be running to the store for toilet paper when you can have toilet paper come to you.
Some things I have recently ordered on Amazon Prime include:
- Grade A Premium Quality Whole Elk Antler Dog Chew – Large 2-Pack Natural Shed Whole Elk Antlers For Dogs – Made in the USA – these are shed naturally for my dogs to chew on (the foster puppy is still learning what is and is not allowed to chew on so we need lots of safe chewies)
- Toner for my printer
- Herbs for a recipe that I wanted to make
- RxBar Protein Bar 12 pack Minimal Ingredients That Are All 100% Real Food w/ No Processed Fillers (Coconut Cacao) (my preferred breakfast)
- Cast Iron Pan
Here’s more about Amazon Prime. I know for me it pays for itself over and over again.
I’m no fool. Those are affiliate links… of course. 😉
How does this help the world?
- You gain more time to do other things since you can effectively and efficiently find the things you need.
- You can have items autoshipped to your home so you don’t even have to find them or reorder if you know you’ll use them every month. Like laundry detergents or cat litter.
- You’re not driving around in circles all over town looking for things, wasting gas.
- You can easily order and ship gifts for the holidays and birthdays – again, without driving around town looking for the gift you had in mind.
Do it. Your time is important and you are worth it.
Hugs and high fives you awesome beast you!