I’ll be sharing lots of inspiration and ideas over the course of the 30 days of Awesomization, but I also wanted to give you a one-stop list of ideas for awesomizing your business right here. Come back often, it’ll keep growing all month long.
REMEMBER – you CAN outsource these items to a great Virtual Assistant.
Find a Virtual Assistant, Writer, Designer, etc.
If you need to find some help, here are a few places to look:
- VA Networking Find a VA
- Cindy Bidar is my secret weapon to getting things done. Hire her as a project manager here.
- For quick little tasks, find someone on Fiverr
Awesomize the Little Things that Make a Difference
- Check your profile pictures on your social media and all of your sites. Is it a consistent look? If not, pick your favorite and make sure you have the same picture on all of your social media.
- Your bio on social media. When’s the last time you checked it to make sure it was current and awesome? I’m guilty of this one, too. If you haven’t checked them in awhile, now’s the time. Add some credibility, and also some personality to it, too.
- Update your email signature to recommend your latest greatest stuff – and get people on your email lists fast.
- Update your Skype “mood” to be more YOU and to make people smile.
There are a lot of ways to get credibility AND visibility at the same time.
- One of the best ways to get credibility and visibility is to publish a book on Kindle and/or in Print. If that seems overwhelming then break it into tiny actionable items that you CAN do. On the first day, brainstorm your title and or chapters. For the rest of the month, commit to writing at least 500 words per day. You’ll have your awesome book nearly done in no time!
- Another way to get credibility and visibility is to give a speech in front of your target market. Make it your goal to come up with a few awesome topics that you can talk about (perhaps even the same topic as your book). A great resource for this is here.
- Create a Speakers page for your site, so that people that come to your site know why they want to book you for their event. If you’re already speaking, then you can collect testimonials from previous engagements. If not, just list your topic ideas and a contact form on that page and continue adding to it.
- Are you set up on all of the big social media sites? If you’re missing any, make it your awesome task today to set up one that you’re missing.
- Record a quick talking head video with your smart phone. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Publish it if you like it. Don’t if you don’t. But if you choose not to, take a good look at why you don’t want to put it out there. If it’s something like lighting or makeup, play with that a bit. That’s an easy fix. If it’s content, that just means you need practice.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to three bloggers in your niche about guest blogging on their sites today.
- Buy a ticket to a live event that you would love to attend and connect with others. Ladies – I want you at Beachpreneurs.
- Spruce up your own testimonial page by contacting past clients and asking for a review. (Or sending an email to your current customers.)
- Write or record a testimonial for your VA/copywriter/coach/designer
Clear the Clutter:
- Go through your Facebook groups and delete all of the ones that you don’t love and aren’t excited about.
- Clean 5 things off your desk.
- Clean out your inbox or at least one folder.
- Clean off your virtual desktop to have less chaos when you log in to work.
- Sort through all those digital products you bought and decide which ones you’re really going to use. Ditch the rest.
- Sell or delete websites you’re no longer updating or passionate about.
- Log into your domain registrar and uncheck the “auto-renew” buttons next to the domains you no longer need/want.
- Create files for your 2015 receipts so you won’t be frazzled come tax time next year.
- FINISH a project that you started that you know will move you ahead.
- Stuck on something and frustrated? Hire a coach. I have one. I figure if it was good enough for Michael Jordan in his prime, I can probably benefit from one, too. This is my current coach.
- Start a marketing calendar.
- Get up 30-minutes early – it’s amazing how much you can get done before everyone else gets up.
- Go to bed 30-minutes earlier – more sleep makes you more productive (and less cranky).
Grow your Recurring & Passive Income:
- Locate affiliate programs that are recurring and/or lifetime that you can promote to grow your base income. (CoachGlue.com meets that criteria.)
- No matter what niche you’re in, you can add a “How to Make Money Blogging Like I Do” page.
- Add a “Tools I Use” page to your site. See mine here: http://www.nicoleonthenet.com/essential-tools-for-an-online-business/
- Add a “Hosted by” link to the footer of your site with your affiliate link to your web host.